Can't Wait Wednesday: Peepland by Christa Faust & Gary Phillips


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

To find out more about linking in visit the Can't-Wait Wednesday page at Wishful Endings here.


Peepland by Christa Faust & Gary Phillips
Scheduled Release: July 5, 2017
Amazon ♦ Goodreads

Thriller set in seedy 1980s New York, from critically acclaimed novelists Christa Faust and Gary Phillips


I've read one of Christa Faust's novels Control Freak  and always meant to read more of her work.  This one promises to be seedy and set in the 80's, so why not start here?

What book are you most excited about this week?

Comments

  1. I like the fact that it's set in the 80's and it does sound interested. However, when I first saw the title, all I could imagine was a bunch of marshmallow peeps running around a country side. I must need more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! Great pick, I hope you enjoy it!

    My CWW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/06/cww-becoming-of-noah-shaw.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! She looks a little like Pat Benatar to me.

      Delete
  3. One look at that cover and I run away screaming 'nooooooo!' *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh 80's? That sounds fun. And it's a Hard Case Crime book I see- I've used a few of their covers for my Pulp Cover of the Week. Some of them are quite good in a throwback way.

    Hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only every read the Stephen King Hard Case and always mean to get back to the line but I guess that's the sad story of my reading life :)

      Delete
  5. That title. That cover! LOL And set in the 80s? Sounds like fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is completely new to me but I love that it is set in the 80's. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. The cover drew me in, the 80's reference is what sold me.

      Delete
  7. Well, this cover is striking to say the least! What an intriguing, unexpected blurb this has! I hope you like it when you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not my kind of read, but I hope you can get your hands on it soon!
    Check out my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that looks really curious! Hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

Between Naps (9)

Review: Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror edited by John F.D. Taff