Twisted by Michaelbrent Collings



Twisted by Michaelbrent Collings
The Douglas family just wants to live their lives, and maybe find a bit of happiness. But when the ghost in their home breaks out of a centuries-long sleep, all hope for happiness will die.

Because the thing that haunts them is not just evil... It is something much, much worse.

Watching them from the shadows. Hungry to start killing once more. And thirsty for the blood of the children, the blood he has so long been denied.

The thing that haunts them is not just evil. It is twisted.
3 out of 5, here's why:
A couple are anxiously awaiting the birth of their daughter but when she arrives sadness follows in the form of a rare medical condition that will stress them both financially and emotionally. As they’re settling into a new normal, some really bizarre and terrifying things begin to happen and they’re forced to temporarily relocate. But they soon discover they can’t outrun the horror.

I can’t put my finger on why this book didn’t work for me as well as it did for most of my friends. The atmosphere was dripping in dread which usually hooks me. It had well written characters and I felt sadness for the parents, especially the dad who was trying so hard to outrun his past and not allow it to ruin his present. I had much empathy for their bad to worse situation and parts of the story were definitely creepy as hell but I found it a book that was all too easy to put down (unlike this author’s novel Strangers). Why? Hell if I know. My only guess is the constant POV switches kept throwing me off and made it difficult for me to stay 100% engaged. Or maybe I wasn’t in the mood and it might just be a sad case of “It’s me. Not you.”

Add It    Buy It
View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Between Naps (9)

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

What I Learned While On A Blogging Break