It's 2018 and I'm Still Slacking!


I've been on vacation and we have drafty old windows so we've been doing a lot of this. 


Since it's been ten below, I hope you'll understand! 

Happy 2018 Everybody!

So, it's a brand new year and I am not making any resolutions or promises and I'm not signing up for any challenges besides the GR one because I am doomed to fail. Instead I'm planning to add some better self care routines into my life and that includes blocking out time for reading each and every day and sticking to some sort of blogging schedule but as of today I still haven't figured out what they may be. I plan to better focus my time on things that I love doing instead of spreading myself too thin. I'm hoping to draft a post a day and stay away from Netgalley and instead read whatever I want. I'm a total mood reader and reading on a schedule always throws me into a funk and 2017 was no exception. Sometime around October I fell into a slump which caused me to ignore my queue, my email, my tbr pile and hide away with my tv (Mindhunter, Stranger Things 2, The Keepers are MUST sees - Lore though? surprisingly boring to me). I apologize to any emails that I have not answered. I'm hoping to get to them in a few days. Let's hope 2018 will be better :)

I hope you're all well and reading nothing but five star books! Thanks for sticking around.

Comments

  1. Totally understandable. Heck, I'd do the same thing if I were in your place. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cold and we are expecting a blizzard tomorrow. Winter is harsh. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on blocking out time to do the things you love, and letting some of the rest of it go. Here's to making 2018 a year of 5-star reads, with time to breathe and feel the joy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to take a break and gather out thoughts to make a plan. Stay toasty and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Stay warm, and I love your plans for 2018. I can completely relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am burrowing in later and probably not moving for hours :)

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a good enough plan for the year ahead! I was in a slump from October onwards which affected my reading and my mood but I'm a bit more motivated at least for the books at the moment. Hope the weather gets better as soon as possible-we've been seeing it on the news here and it looks awful! Stay warm and snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cooooold. I don't like the cold but it does give me a very valid excuse to stay inside and read.

      Delete
  6. Ten below? Yikes, that's even colder than us. I totally relate! :) And I'm not doing any challenges this year, it feels kinda good to just be able to read what I want and not worry about keeping track of any of that stuff!

    Good luck with 2018 and stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little warmer today at 12 degrees, lol. Tomorrow it's getting all the way up to 5. I can't deal. I think I'm staying in all weekend!

      Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  7. that sounds like what happened to me in October of 2016. I thought I wasn't going to read or blog anymore. Glad your are back! Hope you find the system that works for you I want to see more in 2018! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniela. I tend to over-extend myself and that sucks all of the joy out of it. I'm going to continue winging things but will write up some sort of schedule to manage my time better to fit in the things I love doing.

      Delete
  8. I can't really do resolutions or anything but vague-ish goals. It's like a flip switches in me and I hate doing whatever I committed to doing just to spite myself lol

    In 2018 I really wan to read my existing books.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's me too. I can't even commit to the easiest challenges anymore because I still won't keep track. I hope you're able to read from your tbr pile. That's mostly my plan too.

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year! Slack away my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. I really do have to change my slovenly ways though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

Between Naps (9)

Review: Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror edited by John F.D. Taff