Ladies Of Horror Fiction Challenge

Hi everyone! Sorry for neglecting my blog a little these past few weeks. I was involved in a project that did not work out and work has been chaotic. So my urge to blog sort of went away for a wee bit but it's back now and I want to tell you about a fun project that a few horror reading friends and I have put together. It's a photo challenge for August highlighting Ladies of Horror Fiction. If you use Instagram or Twitter we'd love it if you'd join us. This is the first challenge for many of us and we hope to shine the spotlight on the ladies and find a whole bunch of great reads in the process.  All you have to do is post a picture of a horror novel fitting the prompt on each day and talk a little about the book. You can participate as much or as little as works for you.There will also be an international giveaway of a horror novel written by a woman  (as long as BookDepository delivers to you), and each photo posted for the challenge will be an entry! 

Also, if you have any favorite Ladies of Horror Fiction please leave me titles in the comments and I will be forever grateful!

Here's the breakdown:



Comments

  1. Oh that sounds like a fun challenge. Hope you have lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. It's the first one I'm really diving right into and I can't wait to find some new writers!

      Delete
  2. Make sure you share any good new authors that you find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these challenges and see how creative everyone gets with their choices.

      Delete
  4. I spotted this on twitter last night or this morning. It does sound fun and I'll try to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...I'm going to flag this email. I'd like to play, but so much going on right now, I have a hard time just keeping up with what I have going on now. I had some burnout going on, so I totally understand. Sometimes a break is called for. Glad to see you back and raring to go.

    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you. These challenges can take up time. You can only do one if you'd like. Sometimes I do that on other challenges when life gets nuts. I'm going to try to take most of my pictures next week so 'll be good to go for the month.

      Delete
  6. This sounds pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with this! Hmm, female horror authors...have you tried Eli Constant's Dead Trees? Rachel Aukes Deadland trilogy, TR Schumer, Linda Zimmermann, Melanie Karsak, Catt Dahman's monsters can be fun, Rhiannon Frater, Jamie McGuire-can't think of many. I haven't tried Ania Ahlborn, Ellie Douglas, Baileigh Higgins or Courtney McPhail yet but I have their stuff on my shelves. Most of my female authors are UF and apocalypse books rather than horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chuckles. I haven't heard of many of those writers and am addding them to my list! I should've went to you first :)

      Delete
  8. I read very little (meaning none) horror these days but I'll be watching so I can add some books to my shelf. I used to read quite a bit of it before blogging.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, I hope you find something to add to your pile.

      Delete
  9. I've been trying so hard to find books by female authors! D:
    Please tell me I don't actually need to read the books to be able to post pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood | Audiobook Review

Bee Tornado by Chris Sorensen | Horror Fiction Review

Between Naps (7)