Hanging Around the Blogs: News You May Have Missed (6)



I love Chuckles Book Cave's feature "Around the Blogs with Chuckles" so much that I'm going to do one too. There are never enough hours in the day to be a creeper on all the blogs and social media outlets so here's a recap of some great posts, articles and news tidbits you may have missed while you were out living your life.

The Ladies of Horror Fiction

We have a brand new look. Check it out and tell us what you think! We also have a little reveal of  some of our future plans. Read more: https://www.ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/2019/01/01/new-year-new-look/

The Horror Aficionados at Goodreads

Looking for a creepy group read? The January group reads have been chosen.

The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19656225-january-2019-group-read-the-winter-people

Subhuman by Michael McBride
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19656228-january-2019-group-read-2-subhuman-by-michael-mcbride

Swan Song by Robert McCammon (group listen)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19656231-january-2019-swan-song-by-robert-mccammon

Down the Brink by Lisa von Biela (guest author)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19655933-january-2019-group-read-2-with-guest-author-lisa-von-biela

The Cabin At the End of the World by Paul Tremblay (guest author)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19655928-january-2019-group-read-with-guest-author-paul-tremblay

For What It's Worth Reviews 

Karen has a giveaway to share and it links to more giveaways! I have too many books and will let someone else win all of this goodness. You can enter here:

Book Den

Jen has compiled a good looking list of upcoming releases for fantasy, horror & scifi fans.

Scifi and Scary

The Coolthulhu Crew shares their best reads of 2018 which reminds me that I should do that but I am too lazy.

Books, Bones & Buffy


BookerT's Farm

Barb also shares her best of the best.




Comments

  1. It's always nice to check out a few new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my link is wrong, but thanks for thinking of me😁 And I love the new look at Ladies of Horror Fiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a mess! Sorry about that. It's fixed now. And thanks!

      Delete
  3. That's a great list of books to read. I've a;ready read most of them. And I enjoyed the same posts too:) I love the book community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing and reading with other book nerds so much!

      Delete
  4. I used to be in a lot of Goodreads groups which I enjoyed but I was deluged by unwanted emails every month about voting on things, events, book of the month, announcements etc. When I asked Goodreads about how to opt out of these group emails I got the helpful response 'quit the groups' which was pretty annoying! So I did quit all the groups! I just hate piles of emails being sent when I don't take part in any of the things they going on about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. My email is fllled with each morning with notifications. GR is oh-so-helpful aren't they? I do think you can opt out of group emails with your profile settings but don't quote me on that!

      Delete
  5. Thanks, dear! January has so many great releases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love posts like this because it seems that no matter how many blogs I visit, I always miss out on some great ones. Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding new blogs (& thanks for including me!). I'm barely keeping up with blogging right now but I'll try to visit a few of these.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's next to impossible to keep up with it all.

      Delete
  8. I find myself getting lost in time when I surf looking for new blogs to follow.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing!! <3 I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I love reading them on other blogs

      Delete
  10. Ooh lotsa stuff to check out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sundial by Catriona Ward | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • February 16, 2023