December 2018 Wrap-Up

Well, this is embarrasing but I'll do it anyway . . .


December 2018

Reviews Posted
(clicking on cover will bring you to my review)

               

I posted two reviews. Two! That is all! I read 97 books in 2018 and would've reached 100 if December hadn't happened. I am so sad and it's all my fault for slacking and getting lost in Twitter. Curse you, Twitter!

Ladies of Horror Fiction


The Ladies of Horror Fiction have chosen the book for our next community wide readalong. We will be reading and chatting about Tananarive Due's THE BETWEEN. If you'd like to join us, and we'd love to have you, there is still plenty of time to grab a copy! 

New Purchases

Since it was the holidays, I had to buy presents for people other than myself but I did receive the Twitterstone box which I pre-ordered before the holiday craziness. I lucked out and received two candles and well as two ladies of horror fiction novels as my book choices! These pictures are dreadful and I apologize but December was nuts and I never got around to doing a proper unboxing. As I write this, I am 60 pages into The Rust Maidens and it is as excellent as everyone says it is! 


I

You can't see it very well but that there is a bag of delicious coffee and a Rust Maidens pin. This was a great box but it may be my last for a bit because I need to save some money and get some of these books read before I go and buy more!

Movies

I also got a little lost in Shudder this month. I had one of those months where I was over-stressed and spent too much time tuning out reality. I watched some of the Joe Bob Briggs Marathon. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes and the first two Phantasm films which were insane. All are great diversions that will wisk you away from your reality into a worse one, lol.  I also binged The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix which I love and adored. I want to live in all of those houses. Such creepy old-timey sets. I have an urge to go thrifting for some haunted objects now.

I hope your December reading life was better than mine and I wish you all the best in 2019! 

    

Comments

  1. Oh sure, blame it on Twitter. LOL
    I almost made it to 100 books too. This year I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally Twitter's fault, lol. I'll keep my fingers crossed that life allows us both to reach our goals in 2019!

      Delete
  2. Both The Rust Maidens and Garden of Eldritch Delights look good! 2019 is already looking up. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rust Maidens is fantastic so far. I'm at the 60% and highly recommend it so far!

      Delete
  3. I've been slacking a bit because of Twitter too. Or using it as an easy excuse anyway. LOL You may have only posted two reviews tin December but they were good ones and the books are awesome choices. I can't wait to see what you think of those other books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so easy to find yourself lost in the endless scroll. I've made a promise to myself to read a minimum of 50 pages every day and so far that's working for me.

      Delete
  4. It's easy to get lost in social media.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. December was really busy for blogging with me joining Blogmas but my reading stopped in the middle of the month after I did all my best of books. I didn't want to read anything good in case it messed up the posts I'd published! I did start two big books at the end of December and got them finished on January first! I'm not on Twitter much really as there is too much else I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reading came to a crawl in the middle of December because I was lazy, lol. I think I just needed a little break. I even put down my audios for the mos part.

      Delete
  6. I think any time of the year is a good time to say "curse you, twitter". :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. December sort of wrecked havoc on my reading as well. At least I kicked some books out while I was on vacation. Now I'm lost in The Passage and trying to squeeze other things in or else I'll get nothing else read this month. Have you seen the size of that book? I love Sabrina as well and can't wait until April for the second half of the series. You are right, those sets are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Passage on audio awhile ago and it went on for an eternity, it seemed. Good luck :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night Shoot by David Sodergren Book Review

The Oh-So-Sad DNF Collection: Take 3

Tired of Feeling Meh