Books from the Backlog: My Best Friend's Exorcism


Carole @ Carole's Random Life In Books has created a fun feature called Books from the Backlog to spotlight neglected and unloved books that have been sitting on your bookshelf for too long.

If you would like to join in, click the pic above to find out more.




My Neglected Book of the Week is My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix  which has a 3.91 rating on Goodreads. 80's nostagalia, friendship and a little demon action?  I want to read this like NOW but for some reason I keep pushing it back for other commitments. I bought it not too long ago but have been wanting to read a copy ever since the first reviews started rolling in. Last year I read and 5 starred his book We Sold Our Souls and with a little luck, and sticking to my reading goals, this year will be the year I get to read my copy.




My Best Friend's Exorcism

Abby and Gretchen have been best friends since fifth grade, when they bonded over a shared love of E.T., roller-skating parties, and scratch-and-sniff stickers. But when they arrive at high school, things change. Gretchen begins to act…different. And as the strange coincidences and bizarre behavior start to pile up, Abby realizes there’s only one possible explanation: Gretchen, her favorite person in the world, has a demon living inside her. And Abby is not about to let anyone or anything come between her and her best friend. With help from some unlikely allies, Abby embarks on a quest to save Gretchen. But is their friendship powerful enough to beat the devil?




Why did I add this book to my tbr pile?

I bought into the early reviews but didn't actually buy the book untill I went to the Halloween Book Fair and met the author this past October. He was super outgoing and so knowledgable about the genre. I recommend meeting him if ever you get the chance.


Find out more at the publisher website here.

Have you read My Best Friend's Exorcism or am I the last one?!

Comments

  1. I haven't read it, although I've read and enjoyed Grady Hendrix's Horrorstor. I keep meaning to try this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one in the tbr too. We need more reading time!!

      Delete
    2. Definitely! I have way more things I want to read than I have time to get through. I wish I had the same reading speed I'd had when I was a teen, when I could plow through a book in a day or two and somehow also get homework done.

      Delete
  2. I hope it turns out to be some wonderful horror fun for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia Rose! I just need to slot it in in-between all of these reviews books :)

      Delete
  3. I have this to read too. I started it and had to set it aside to get to some review books. I've got it on my list to start again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few I've done this too. Those review copies are great but they do tend to make it hard to get through the piles.

      Delete
  4. I had fun with this book, but my favorite of his is still We Sold Our Souls by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Sold Our souls is amazing.I can't wait to read whatever he comes out with next.

      Delete
  5. I have actually read this one. I love that version of the cover! I didn't love this one as much as I had hoped I would but I didn't hate it either. I hope you end up loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one but hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a couple by the author that I need to get to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't help but laugh at you pic.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm not surprised that it didn't scare you :)

      Delete
  9. I saw an ARC review of We Sold Our Souls on a blogging buddy's blog, so I ran and nabbed a copy from Netgalley. I loved it. I had no idea it was the same author as this book and Horrorstore, until I went to add my review to Goodreads. I was having a demon theme on my blog for Halloween, and Hoopla had the audio for My Best Friend's Exorcism, so I immediately downloaded it. I really liked this one. The first exorcism scene was way too long and repetitive, and one of the more interesting story threads was completely dropped, but other than that the book was great. I hope you love it. I have Horrorstore in my TBR now. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, La La! I have Horrorstor in my tbr too. One of these days I'll get all of these books read :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between Naps (9)

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

What I Learned While On A Blogging Break