Hanging Around the Blogs: News & Reviews You May Have Missed (13)




Inspired by "Around the Blogs with Chuckles". There are never enough hours in the day to be a creeper on all the blogs and social media outlets so here's a recap of some great posts, articles and news tidbits you may have missed while you were out living your life.

This week it's just a little news and some tidbits because I am a horrible blogger. Next week I'll do my best to link-up some of the favorite reviews I find around the web.


Ladies of Horror Fiction News

We are reading TEETH IN THE MIST by Dawn Kurtagich over at Goodreads. You can join us all month here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/385108?group_id=963939



It's also our one year anniversary and we are celebrating with a readathon & a #Bookstagram challenge.

You can find out more about both here:

https://www.ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/2019/09/01/one-year-anniversary-readathon-and-challenge/







This Book Comes to Me on Tuesday!



Here's the  blurb:

Best-selling author and mortician Caitlin Doughty answers real questions from kids about death, dead bodies, and decomposition.

Every day, funeral director Caitlin Doughty receives dozens of questions about death. What would happen to an astronaut’s body if it were pushed out of a space shuttle? Do people poop when they die? Can Grandma have a Viking funeral?

In Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?, Doughty blends her mortician’s knowledge of the body and the intriguing history behind common misconceptions about corpses to offer factual, hilarious, and candid answers to thirty-five distinctive questions posed by her youngest fans. In her inimitable voice, Doughty details lore and science of what happens to, and inside, our bodies after we die. Why do corpses groan? What causes bodies to turn colors during decomposition? And why do hair and nails appear longer after death? Readers will learn the best soil for mummifying your body, whether you can preserve your best friend’s skull as a keepsake, and what happens when you die on a plane. Beautifully illustrated by Dianné Ruz, Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? shows us that death is science and art, and only by asking questions can we begin to embrace it.

I ASK YOU, HOW COULD I NOT BUY THIS?!  

You can pre-order your copy now at Amazon.





New Bookstore Bar

The Bloggess is opening up an indie bookstore bar in San Antonio called "Nowhere Bookshop". I think we need these all over the country, haha. Let's hope she's super successful and starts a franchise! 


Recommended Horror Flicks

Ready or Not was a lot of gory fun.Samara Weaving does a beautiful job of portraying a bride on the run from her murderous in-laws! Five stars. You should also checkout her other excellent horror film The Babysitter.



Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark was another fun movie but, for me at least, it felt too long. I found myself itching to get out of my seat towards the end. I'd give it a 4 but I'd wait for it on demand and watch it on Halloween.

That's all for now. Read some books, watch some bad films and have a relaxing weekend, everyone!


Comments

  1. Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs. LOL That's hilarious. I want that in a picture frame to give to my daughter because she now has a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready Or Not looks awesome! And Will My Cat East My Eyeballs totally made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title for that cat book is wild! Happy One Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! I love that title. :) I sure hope my cat will not eat my eyeballs. LOL>

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already got a hold on Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs at my local library. When it arrives, I'm first in line. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I did no hear about the bookstore -w hat an awesome name!! We have quite a few indie stores where I moved to.

    My cat would definitely eat my eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two of them but neither are that great, IMO. You walk in and they completely ignore you :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • July 1, 2023

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight edited by Andrew Lennon | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review