Reviews and Other Crud


Hey, everyone! I haven't done an update in too long. I hope you're all reading some great books, watching some creepy movies and getting outside. I've been feeling pretty meh about a lot of things. I recently lost my other elderly cat Mr. Kirbs and I still find myself getting up to fetch his meds at certain times. He passed quietly in the night after a rough couple of days in and out of the vet's. I adopted him as a kitten and he lived with me for 19 years so it's been sad not seeing his old man cat face, hearing his rumbly purr and having him sit on my head while he tries to eat my hair as I read.

I've since decided to ditch most of my social media because it seems to reward stress and hatefulness and terrible people and I just don't have the space for it anymore and I've also decided to slow way down on reviewing arc's to make room to read things I bought and am dying to read. I never seem to find enough time to actually read them and always end up over committing to things that suck up all of my free time. I hope to spend the next few years doing things I love and getting back to hobbies that bring me peace.  I transformed my Instagram feed into a cottage garden, dog, bog witch haven by liking certain posts and it's finally peaceful so I may stick around there for a bit. I do plan to keep reading and writing reviews when the mood hits but mostly I want to spend the time I used to devote to social media doing calming things. I've even picked up my knitting again and am halfway through a squishy sweater. I'll post some pics when I finish.

Read blissfully, everyone and review only if you feel like it.

Have a great weekend. 

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry about your Mr. Kirbs! Nineteen years is a long time together; no wonder you miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 years! I'm so sad to hear that! And I'm all for doing what you love. Life is short, we might as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. It can feel so empty afterwards and all your routines are off. {hugs}

    I am so rarely on any SM media anymore. I'm just busy doing other real life things and don't care anymore. It's not the same as the early days. I also haven't been reading much and you are blogging more than me at this point lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Full Brutal by Kristopher Triana

Princess Miri by Cerys du Lys Retro Review

Got My Eye On (May 2018 #1)