Honest reviews of mostly horror books, romance books & all things in-between
Getting Started
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This blog will eventually be an organized archive/backup of mostly fiction reviews focusing on horror, romance and other genre fiction. Things will be posted but, as you can see, we're a little busy right now.
Lessons from Tara: Life Advice from the World’s Most Brilliant Dog by David Rosenfelt My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was a little worried when I began and feared it would be super sad. It says it is about the life lessons learned from the world’s greatest golden retriever, their Tara, who died too young of cancer, and inspired the couple to start rescuing old and unloved dogs. And there are life lessons here but much to my delight, this book tells more about the couple’s current menagerie and is just as humorous and self-deprecating as Dogtripping. Now they have 20, 30, 40? (I just couldn’t keep track) because one is never enough! This book felt like reading a sequel to Dogtripping and that made me unbelievably happy. When I finished Dogtripping I was sad only because it was over. Finding this book was like a wish come true. Some of the stories were a little familiar but ask me if I care? I do not and I will not say anything negative about this book. We learn ...
I finished this book yesterday, wrote a review and posted it to my blog. Who the heck am I?! The Secret Skin by Wendy N. Wagner Released October 2021 Dark Fiction | Goodreads | Amazon | Bookshop The Secret Skin by Wendy N. Wagner is a sawmill gothic that begins with June Vogel’s return to Storm Break, her family’s estate. Things in the great house aren’t what they used to be. Doors slam in the night. Faucets turn on, untouched. Something is always watching, whatever June does. And when her brother returns with his new bride, deceit and betrayal threaten to destroy everything she loves. My 2 Cents For Free! This review is my personal reading experience. Yours may differ. Don't be blaming me if it does! The Secret Skin is a quick gothic read. It has all the spooky things you’d expect in a gothic and a few surprises too! June returns to the family estate, a looming mansion on the coast, to care for her 9-year-old...
2018 Is OVER! I don't know about you, but I am so thrilled to be starting a brand new year with a brand new attitude. I had fallen into a of pit of despair these past few months over real life setbacks and things going on in the US that are totally beyond my control and it resulted in a lack of focus and constant state of anxiety for me. I'm going to refocus on my health, yoga/T25/better diet and shut off the terrible news, stop scrolling Twitter for hours on end and instead I plan to better use my time by setting up a blogging and reading schedule to keep myself focused and on track. I even have a nifty spreadsheet created by Reader Voracious to help keep on track. Check it out, it is seriously amazing. My goal for 2019 is to read and review at least 100 books and I'm determined to make at least half of those ladies of horror fiction, if not more. Speaking of LOHF . . . Ladies of Horror Fiction Mini Challenge The Ladies of Horror Fiction are...
Comments
Post a Comment