This "book"(and if this is a book, then this is a review!) is nutso. I have no words. Read at your own peril. And if ya do, let me know what you thought.
The one where the people are almost worse than any lingering supernatural threat 🙀 My 2 Cents for Free! We Live Here Now by Sarah Pinborough Released May 2025 Source: Kindle Unlimited Get it at your local library or see more @ Goodreads If you're in the mood to read about horrible people with ugly secrets, hurting each other with their secrets and lies as they navigate life in a possibly haunted home, have I ever got a recommendation for you! Emily is recovering from a fall from a cliff and an extended hospital stay. While she was out cold in the hospital her husband Freddie decided to move them away from city life and their friends into an old sprawling country home. A home so old and fancy it has its own name, Larkin Lodge. You know that spells trouble, right? Why on earth this guy thought doing such a thing would be a good idea because Emily maybe mentioned moving a time or two is beyond me, but some people just aren't very bright ( later: turns out he had a very selfish ...
Between naps, this happened last week: Horror Reviews : Doll Parts by Tim Curran The Bride Wore Brains by Emily Wesley Stringer Seeing Evil by Jason Parent Other Reviews: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline The Fever by Megan Abbott Monthly Post: What's Up Next Got My Eye On: Book & Blog Finds New This Week More reviews. Shocking, I know. I have tentatively scheduled reviews by authors Maggie Osborne, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Jeff Strand and Agatha Christie. I'll likely have another Got My Eye On which highlights the blogs and books I discovered while poking around the internets. Maybe they'll be some other bookish stuff too. I am not nearly as organized as most bloggers and wing my way through life but I'm trying to get it together. Real Life We've been busy this week as you can see. Sleeping, walking thru the woods, car rides and hanging out on top of the...
These creepy crawlies get under your skin and stay there! All Hallows by W. Sheridan Bradford Released April 10, 2019 Dark Fiction | Goodreads | Amazon Source: Received for Review Consideration Burdened by old age and secrets that could topple an empire, Maren Glover is hounded by slinking beasts and monstrous adversaries. As Samhain slips into darkness, Maren navigates vengeful witches, uncouth vampires, costumed children, a raging werewolf, an unhinged creator goddess, and relentlessly bad humor. With predators of legend vying to collect the bounty on her head, Maren must trust in luck, sass, a youth-obsessed ex, and centuries of preparation to overcome brute force and blunt the sharpest of fangs. Her bag of tricks running low, the odds of Maren's survival wane. Then again, she does have night worms on her side... My 2 Cents For Free! The first half or so of this book is very leisurely paced...
Comments
Post a Comment