Fiction Review: The Princess and the Clown by Ian Thomas Malone

The Princess and the Clown
 3 of 5 stars
I don’t know why I picked up this book. Wait, that’s a lie. The cover got me. Please don’t ask me to explain. It just is.

In all honesty, I wasn’t expecting The Best Book Ever when I picked up The Princess and the Clown and, you know what, I wasn’t at all disappointed. It’s rude, slightly funny and not at all erotic and just what I needed to waste away a few hours while stuck as a passenger in a car. I’m not real good at being a back seat driver.

 photo backseatdriver_zpss5jsnl2n.jpg

Ralph/Jango was once a pretty successful clown with the circus but his act broke up years ago. Now he’s 40-something and entertains spoiled rich kids to pay the bills. This is how he meets Jules, AKA Princess Aurora, another 40-something, nearly washed up performer. Ralph is super professional but there is something about Jules that brings out the pervy in ol’ Jango the Clown.


Hijinks, sarcasm and dirty sex ensue but the sex isn’t all that explicit, it’s just mostly gross, at least if you’re use to reading the stuff I’ve been reading. I found it amusing, both characters were so prickly, “I’m a horrible person and you’re one ugly motherfucker. A perfect fit if I’ve ever seen one.” that it was funny. But I’m not like most people. So be warned.

Who do I recommend it to? Only you weirdos like me with some time to burn.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SpringHorror Review: The Strain by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan

Sundial by Catriona Ward | Horror Fiction Review

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • February 16, 2023