Must Watch Creepy TV: True Nightmares


Need some creepy tv to brighten up your October?  Have I got the show for you.

True Nightmares is one of my favorite new guilty pleasures. It reminds me very much of Tales from the Crypt with its dark twists and do you want to know the creepiest (and best) part about this show?  It’s all true! 

Hosted by a cheeky man named Tom Robbins who dons a black umbrella and ends every episode with “May all your nightmares come true!” this show is pretty much catnip for me. I did a little google investigating and learned that the host has spent his life surrounded by the strange. He’s known for sword swallowing, eating light bulbs and performing magic in various side-show acts. When he says he’s been drawn to the strange, he’s not kidding! He is a terrific host. His facial expressions as he introduces and sums up each episode show his genuine glee with the material. He is fantastic.

“The stories you’re about to see actually happened — they’re nightmares that have already come true.”



Each episode features three real life very weird stories brought to life by actors, usually involving some sort of delicious murder plot. Some of the tales are current, others go way back in time but all of them have a disturbing twist and usually a picture of the real people at the end (call me nosy but I love seeing those). The acting ranges from decent to downright cheesy and over-the-top but I think that adds to the charm of the show. It’s never too serious about its bizarre subject matter and I always walk away from it surprised and highly entertained. 

If you’ve seen it I’d love to know what you think!

Season 2 is currently airing on the Investigation Discovery channel and season 1 is available on DVD.  You can also check out most (if not all) of the episodes online and I highly recommend you do so by clicking HERE.

Do you have any creepy tv favorites to recommend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • July 1, 2023

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight edited by Andrew Lennon | Horror Fiction Review