Got My Eye On (May 2018 #1)


Need more books? Maybe something here will tempt you the way it did me :)

I saw a post over at Mailbox Monday that was encouraging readers to share their best finds of the week via their Books That Caught Our Eye posts. I love, love, love that idea so this is my warped version of it.

Please take a moment to visit my lovely enablers if you want to spend all of your money!


Sarah by [Polen, Teri]
Sarah by Teri Polen

Laura posted a little snippet from this book on her "Teaser Tuesday" post and now I must have it.

Here's what it's about:
Seventeen-year-old horror fan Cain Shannon thought helping a ghost find her killers would be the supernatural adventure of a lifetime. Now, he just hopes to survive long enough to protect his family and friends from her.

A bet between friends goes horribly wrong, resulting in Sarah’s death. When she returns to seek justice against those responsible, Cain agrees to help her. But when he discovers Sarah has been hijacking his body, he realizes she wants retribution instead of justice.

Terrified of what could have happened when he wasn’t in control, Cain commands Sarah to leave his house - but exorcising her isn’t that easy. She retaliates against her murderers in bloody, horrific ways, each death making her stronger, then sets her sights on Cain. With the help of friends, Cain fights to save himself and his loved ones and searches for a way to stop Sarah before she kills again.




Deep Into the Game: a post-apocalyptic thriller series (S.W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND Book 1) by [Tanpepper, Saul]Deep Into the Game by Saul W. Tanpepper

Chuckles featured the ominibus on a recent Books from the Backlist post and it sounded  interesting. I went with a freebie of Episode #1 as I wasn't quite up for investing in a over 700+ page saga just yet.

Here's what it's about:
6 Hackers, 1 Game... and 10,000 Undead.

Everyone loves Survivalist, a live-action, virtual reality show based on Arc Entertainment's The Game, where cybernetically controlled zombies do battle in a video arcade in the middle of a Long Island wasteland. It's to die for.

If you're rich enough, you can buy your way in. If you're desperate enough, you can volunteer to become one of the Undead Players. Jessie Daniels and her gang of computer hackers plan to break their way in.

Welcome to GAMELAND. Access Restricted.

A reckless, end-of-summer plan leads Jessie and her friends onto Long Island hoping to catch a glimpse of the infected victims of a decades-old outbreak. But while breaking in might be easy, getting back out is a hell of a killer. It doesn't take long before they realize they're part of The Game.

Not recommended for readers under age 15.



The Undead World of Oz by [Thomas, Ryan C., Baum, L. Frank]The Undead World of Oz by Ryan C. Thomas & L. Frank Baum

I didn't know this book existed until I read Lark's recent post where she writes, "I grew up loving L. Frank Baum's Oz books, which is why I couldn't resist buying this slightly twisted version. It's a little dark, has some humorous moments, and lots of flying body parts, and it made me smile and shake my head at the same time. Zombies and Oz really don't go together, but somehow in this quirky, crazy read Thomas makes it work."

Here's what the series is about:

One day, on a peaceful farm in Kansas, a tornado appeared. The storm raged and ripped the house from the ground. Inside sat a little girl named Dorothy and her dog Toto. The house spun. The winds roared. The tornado showed no mercy, until . . . The house landed in a strange and magical land called Oz. But that's where the fairytale ends and the nightmare begins. The Wicked Witch of the West has cast a spell on the Land of Oz, a spell that brings the dead back to life. Only the Great Wizard in the Emerald City can stop this curse, but he has never been seen. It's up to Dorothy, Toto, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion and the Tin Woodman to journey through this dangerous land of hungry undead and savage monsters and find him in the hopes of bringing life back to Oz. Come join hands with them as they travel down the Yellow Brick Road and see if you can make it to the Emerald City . . . alive.


Did you find something irresistible during your blog perusals this week? Please share! We all need more books, right?

Comments

  1. I love the idea behind this post. All your picks are new to me and I need to look up Undead World of Oz. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was released without any promo it seems!

      Delete
  2. I really need that Undead World of Oz. Looks right up my alley. I'm pretty sure I grabbed Sarah when it was free some time ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that Oz book sound great? I don't know how we all missed it.

      Delete
  3. I'm reading Sarah right now and it's starting to really get going. I have the Gameland Omnibus and really need to get to it. The Undead World Of Oz is going on my list ASAP! I;ve been working on my downloaded books list and so many books are making their way up the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take me years to work through my kindle downloads! I really should get going on that project ;)

      Delete
  4. Sarah sounds terrifying and that cover is creeping me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep Into The Game looks awesome, I think I saw that post over at Chuckles' too. I need to check that book out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I listed here is still free. If you click on the cover it'll bring you to Amazon because I know you need more books :)

      Delete
  6. Gameland's size is pretty i ntimidating but I did like the first part when I read it free...who can resist zombies and gaming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an interesting idea for a post. I haven't found any books lately that I've wanted to get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read The Undead Oz. Love this post and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Undead Wizard of Oz sounds like a book that I might need in my life. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love my blogging friend so much!

      Delete
  10. All of these sound good. Fantastic post idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little confused about the Gameland one, but it sounds pretty different! And the Undead World of Oz sounds fun lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little confused about the premise of Gameland as well but it does sound unique.

      Delete
  12. That Oz book looks hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • July 1, 2023

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight edited by Andrew Lennon | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review