Audiobook Challenge 2017



Are you an audiobook junkie like me? If so, here's a challenge for you. One that's easy enough for the likes of me to participate in! I suck at challenges. It's sad, really. I see the word "challenge" and go into failure mode but I  audio's and the rules here are free enough that I won't feel any desire to break them or just quit altogether. So, who wants to join me?!  I'm aiming for Marathoner 50+. That's roughly one audio a week with two weeks free. I think that's doable unless I decide to revisit Stephen King's backlist, lol!  Sign-up links are at the end of this post.

Challenge Details

♦  Runs January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. You can join at anytime.
♦  The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you     did in 2016.
♦  Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
 ANY genres count. (Any?! That is awesome!)
♦  Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
♦  You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads,                   Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
♦  If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If         you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
♦  Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June and last update in           December 2017.

Levels

♦  Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
♦  Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
♦  Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
♦  Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
♦  Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
♦  My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
♦  Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+


Audio Resources
Tantor.com (They have some great sales, so sign up for their newsletter)

Free Resources
Overdrive – through your local library
Audiobook Jukebox – audios for review
Hoopla – through your local library

Audio Fans Sign up @ Hot Listens & Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Comments

  1. You know I wish I liked audio books. I keep meaning to give them another try so I can listen while I do some adult coloring from time to time (otherwise that hobby tears into the reading time.) My problem is if I'm not actually reading, my mind doesn't slow down enough to focus on the audio book. Also, when I'm driving, I have to have music. Perhaps I'm just strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long to time to train my brain to actually listen to audio's rather than just have them playing in the background. I would find myself zoning out for chapters at a time and then having to rewind. It was kind of aggravating but I persisted. I think the key is finding a book you really love. It was probably a good 6 months before I stopped doing that and learned to listen and cook/drive/clean at the same time. They are a great way to multi-task and fit more reading in and ignore/avoid annoying chit-chat!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!!! That's quite a goal you've set for yourself :) I hope you'll be able to reach it!! I am participating as well, and I can't wait to get started :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going for Marathoner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! We will both be ignoring the outside world together :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood | Audiobook Review

Bee Tornado by Chris Sorensen | Horror Fiction Review

Between Naps (7)