Books from the Backlog: The Symbiotic Fascination by Charlee Jacob


Carole @ Carole's Random Life In Books has created a fun feature called Books from the Backlog to spotlight neglected and unloved books that have been sitting on your bookshelf for too long.

If you would like to join in, click the pic above to find out more.

My Neglected Book of the Week is THIS SYMBIOTIC FASCINATION by Charlee Jacob which has a 3.67 rating on Goodreads. The most consistent words I see when skimming reviews is "disgusting" and "disturbing". Well, that sounds delightful to me. 


The Goodreads Blurbage:

Tawne Delaney is not what men consider beautiful and, at 37, is very lonely. She fantasizes about her dream lover--but the man she meets is a nightmare. Arcan Tyler is a rapist and murderer, possessed by animal spirit forces. If they are unleashed, he will cease to be human. For now, Arcan is all too human, and finds something new and rare in Tawne. But love among these creatures is not romantic: it is parasitic.

Why did I add this book to my tbr pile? This was one of the books I received in the long gone Leisure Horror Book Club. As much as I loved receiving books in the mail (and still do), at some point the books got the best of me and this still remains unread many years later. Now that it's been unearthed, I'm going to read it soonish because I really enjoyed her style in the disturbing collection SKINS OF YOUTH.

You can find yourself a copy of This Symbiotic Fascination at  Amazon Bookfinder.com
                

Have you read anything by Charlee Jacob?

Comments

  1. I wish there were some books clubs like this now. Although I'm hesitant to sign up for anything lately. This looks like an interesting read to say the lease :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too. I hear through the grapevine that Journalstone is creating one but I'm going to wait it out and let them work the kinks out before subscribing.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read anything by him, but disturbing and disgusting sounds right up y alley too. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that sounds properly creepy for the season. Ha, I had the same thing happen when I was signed up for a book of the month subscription. I cancelled it when I got five books behind. Loved the books, though... Enjoy, Laurie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophia Rose. It's so easy to get behind when they keep coming in but it's so much fun to open those book packages!

      Delete
  4. I love that you are more drawn to the book because others call it digusting and disturbing. I do the same thing. I do hope you end up enjoying this one when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, low reviews sell so many books to me! I love reading them.

      Delete
  5. When I see words like gory, shocking, disturbing, extreme, twisted etc, I have to look at the blurb! Not much puts me off a horror book except toilet function torture as I call it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yeah, I can't do toilet function horror either. That's too far for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • July 1, 2023

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight edited by Andrew Lennon | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review