Nothing But Mini's #4: The mostly romance update ♥



Recent Mini Reviews

I'm putting some "lovely" back into my blog today. Here's the rest of what I've read sorta recently (this has been sitting in my drafts for far too long!) in mini review form because life has been crazy and I might also still be a little lazy.  


Red, White & Royal Blue

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I apologize in advance to this book because I have no mental energy left today to compose a thought. I read this book to escape from the world and let me tell you it worked. This is the most adorable, sexy-sweet romance and I LOVED it. It's set in some sort of alternate world where a woman is the president and her son falls in love with a prince and there isn't a lot of pain and suffering (not that there's anything wrong with the pain and the suffering!) but seriously, right now, I could read this sort of thing all the live long day.









⭐⭐⭐

I think maybe I've read one too many of these "evil ladies with secret books" because nothing here shocked, surprised or thrilled me. Maybe I'm the evil one. That's probably the case. At any rate, listening to this on audio was not a chore but it wasn't exactly the type of book that begged me to drop everything to finish it. The characters were just a wee bit underwhelming as far as personalities go. Lots of petty insecurities and jealousies simmering below their perfect facade. Listening on audio probably didn't help matters as a few of them kept getting mixed up in my head because their personalities weren't distinct enough to help me keep them straight.




⭐⭐⭐⭐


It all starts with the search for a missing nudie painting . . .

This was such a warm, sweet and gentle romance. There’s a little miscommunication and struggling of the feelings and getting over past hurts but nothing overly angsty and overly complicated. Thank the loard because I didn’t want any of those things when I pickled this up after having just finished a grueling read. There’s a little mystery of the paintings which fizzles a bit but that didn’t bother me at all. This story was just right for me at this point in time.









⭐⭐⭐⭐


This was so sweet and not in a make-you-want-to-puke sickly sweet sort of way. I was going to write an actual review-review for this one but I never did find a working brain cell.

I'm giving it a 4 because they did have a little trouble with sharing their feelin's and communicating but they're men so there's that, lol.











That's it for now, I think! I'm sure I missed a few along the way. Have you read any of them? Or read something else that you want the world to read? Let me know in the comments!





Comments

  1. Too bad The Herd wasn't a little more gripping as it looks like it could be a trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be better read in paper? I kept getting confused!

      Delete
  2. Some sound pretty good but I haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first Cat Sebastian book in that series but I can't remember the name lol I Loved it though and want to keep reading.

    I was one of the few that didn't fall head over heels over Red, White and Royal Blue. I liked it but wasn't OMG lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way Cat Sebastian writes. I need to go and read them all.

      Red, White and Royal Blue was a definite breathe of joy and release after so much bad news and dark and dreary stuff. I probably need to read more romance in between all of the darkness.

      Delete
  4. Red, White & Royal Blue is one I definitely need to pick up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so adorable! I hope you love it as much as I did.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood | Audiobook Review

Bee Tornado by Chris Sorensen | Horror Fiction Review

Between Naps February 4 Edition