Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood | Audiobook Review

This was a bit of fun on audio. It's a mini-review because sometimes I don't have a lot of words for how I feel.


Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

Released June 2023

Source: Borrowed from Library

Goodreads | Amazon

The many lives of theoretical physicist Elsie Hannaway have finally caught up with her. By day, she’s an adjunct professor, toiling away at grading labs and teaching thermodynamics in the hopes of landing tenure. By other day, Elsie makes up for her non-existent paycheck by offering her services as a fake girlfriend, tapping into her expertly honed people pleasing skills to embody whichever version of herself the client needs.


My 2 Cents for Free!

This was a cute romance but the heroine was a bit too doormatty for my tastes for most of the story with both her family and her mentor. Woman you are grown. All the way grown up. It is ok to put your annoying mother on mute/ignore FOREVER or to finally tell her she's a mess. She needs to hear it. Grrrrr. Anyhow, the professional conflict between the couple seemed a little over-the-top manufactured and I didn't really buy into it fully. But alas it was still cute. Not as steamy as some people are making it out to be though and it also didn't hit emotionally.

The narration was terrific, however. No ridiculous sounding men voices - phew.

It floats somewhere between a 3.5 and a 4 for me so guess I'll go with the 4.

⭐⭐⭐


Comments

  1. I really liked this one. For me it was close to a 5-star read. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving her newest one, Bride! Noone is annoying me for a change, lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found one that was good for you. It does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun contemporary. Her newest one, about a vampire + werewolf marriage of convenience, is fantastic.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • July 1, 2023

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight edited by Andrew Lennon | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review