Between naps, this happened last week (and the week before): New Reviews : A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara Enchanted by Alethea Kontis The Secret Life of Souls by Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee The Willows by Algernon Blackwood Retro Reviews: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King Slush by Glenn Rolfe Rise of the Thing Down Below by Daniel W. Kelly Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin Revival by Stephen King Dark Horse by Tami Hoag We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux A New List This time featuring Slow Burn Creepfests Got My Eye On Featuring books I have to have after visiting some of my favorite bloggers Challenge Sign-ups: 2017 Horror Challenge Signup & 2017 Audiobook Challenge Signup Random Crap: This is the Year I Face Reality : A discussion on the DNF & the TBR Six Book Review Rules to Live By : Ignorable advice on writing reviews What We'v...
Another fun read by David Sodergren. My 2 Cents for Free! The Haar by David Sodergren Released May 2022 Source: Spotify Listen See more @ Goodreads Aww this turned out to be a sweet monster romance with a bunch of gore and features the best salty older woman main character I've read in a good long while. When a company terrorizes a small town of people into leaving their beloved homes so they can build a disgusting money-making venture on the beautiful land, only one old woman named Muriel who is armed with something that's dragged itself out of the sea, fights back and it's gloriously gruesome. This was great fun. If you hate corporations that care more about profit than people and the environment, despise Richie Rich entitled men and love a good old fashioned love story this is a book for you. Final Rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 1/2 Publisher Plot Synopsis “I don’t fear death... but they do.” Muriel McAuley has lived in the Scottish fishing village of Witchaven all her life. She w...
Hello my bookish friends! Top Ten Tuesday has a new host so be sure to link up over at T hat Artsy Reader Girl . The creators over at The Broke and the Bookish are closing their doors for now. I'm going to try to be a semi-consistent contributor. But as always, I make no promises. Today's topic: Top Ten Books I Can’t Wait to Read This Spring I am in the mood for horror this spring and summer. The kind of horror that will make your skin crawl, force you to turn on all the lights and chill you to the bone. But why, oh why, is it so hard to find new upcoming true horror releases?! Lilyn @ Scifi & Scary manages to find them and compiles a handy list of independent horror over @ Goodreads but when I search on the internets for "new horror" I find so much other mixed in. I get long lists of YA, fantasy, lit fic, paranormal romance, mystery and even children's books! It's worse than going to the bookstore where I have to spend hours ...
I've always wanted to read this so count me in!
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be fun! I'm so glad you'll be joining us.
DeleteI'll be in my finals week in school. So I wont be able to but MAN do I want to!
ReplyDeleteMary
No worries! We'll be doing more of them in the future :) Good luck with your studies.
Delete