Books, Movies, TV & Updates • June 11, 2023

   It's been so cold and rainy here but it's not so bad when you have books to catch up on, right? 


Recent Reads & Listens 

It's been a bit since I blogged regularly enough to do one of these. So I'll just go back a week or two instead of going back to January 😅 Clicking on a cover will open a new window to my review.










Additions to the TBR

NONE! I know, I can't believe it either. I'm on a no-buy ban for a bit so unless I get a surprise ARC in the mail, this space will remain depressingly empty. I'm also trying to get more use out of my KU subscription before I weigh giving it up since they've decided to up the price. 



Recent Watches

We just finished Season One of Sweet Tooth on Netflix. It's an apocalypse story and I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it because we're kind of living in one (or at least it feels that way most of the time) but it has a good heart and I really enjoyed it.


This was a fun Scream installment. I'd give it ⭐⭐1/2


This was a dreadful slasher from the 80's.  Oh such terrible acting but they gave it their all. I did wish death upon all of them after about ten minutes - especially Ralph- and unfortunately it took much longer before the killing actually started.


Missing was pretty excellent. Gripping from beginning to end.⭐⭐
 


What's Next (maybe)

I finished up Lily Mayne's Monstrous series which I loved. I'll do a round up with mini reviews on them one of these days. This here is a new release of short stories set in the same world that were previously on Lily Mayne's website. There's also a new novella included at the end. Anybody else read this series about monsters and the humans who love them? IT'S SO GOOD!




"Revisit the Monstrous couples from the first seven novels of the series in this collection of sixteen short stories. Plus, meet a new Monstrous couple in a brand new 20k-word novella, Ruke.

Catch up with the original monster-human couple, Danny and Wyn, in their Wastes-style adventures; witness Moth and Wyn’s blossoming and potentially concerning friendship; find out all the new ways Edin has been frustrating Hunter (lovingly) since their story ended; and join Lor and Jugs in welcoming a new furry addition to their monster-world family.

Want to find out more about Wyn’s ex Orlith? In this collection, you can take a peek at some very old letters between the two telyths, read Orlith’s historic (pre-Danny) attempts to seduce our favourite grumpy Soul Eater, and meet his uptight and righteous older sibling.

Ruke (A Monstrous Novella)"



The doggies are thrilled spring/early summer has arrived and they can hang out around the yard and sniff out the wild bunny poo. Free disgusting snacks, lol.


Have a great week, everyone!

Link Ups

In an effort to actually be social again in the book blogging world, I'm going to be linking this post up to Caffeinated Reviewer's Sunday Post & The Sunday Salon at Readerbuzz.  Link yourself up and make some new blogging friends!



Comments

  1. I've never seen any of the scream movies but people keep telling me to watch the first couple anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! But of course that's coming from me, haha.

      Delete
  2. Love the doggies.

    I watched the latest Scream movie and it was just ok. I did like Sweet Tooth though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about it but it's such a good fantasy/apocalypse blend.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh my dogs are loving the bunny "treats" too. Frankly, I am wondering why the bunnies even come in my yard any more since all 4 of my dogs are determined to kill them if they get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, mine are the same. It is their yard and will suffer no intruders!

      Delete
  4. I agree with you: it's hard for me to read about apocalypses, too, since most days it feels like we are living through one.

    A House with Good Bones is on a lot of lists of good books published in 2023 that I've seen. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually trying to get back I to blogging as well. I loved the latest Scream. We are enjoying Season 2 of From right now. The doggos look so great. We are down to just Apollo as we lost Cass at the end of March. I'm still broken😥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barb, I am so, so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. ♥

      Delete
  6. Your the first person to talk about the show Sweet Tooth. The graphic novels are really good and I have never heard anyone talk about the show until now.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice mix of drama, action and heartwarming human interaction. I'm really enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  7. We just watched Sweet Tooth S2. We like it.

    What is it with dogs and bunny poo?? I have the same thing going here lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They so gross, lol. And then they want to come in and give everyone a big kiss.

      Delete
  8. Your dogs eat bunny poop too? My dogs did that. It's disgusting. I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gross. The Aussie patrols the entire yard looking for it too. Ick!

      Delete
  9. Puppies!

    Sweet Tooth is on my que, I finally watched the new Evil Dead. I liked some of the callbacks and it had some good make you squirm imaging the pain moments. The amount of fake blood they went through had to have been half their budget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Delicate Condition by Danielle Valentine | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn