Suckerville by Chris Sorensen | Book Review

Another five-star read. Who am I?!


Suckerville by Chris Sorensen

Released June 2023

Source: Received for Review Consideration

Goodreads  | Amazon

A CREATURE FEATURE WITH TEETH...

JD Speers is having a stretch of bad his wife left him, the law is on his tail, and to top it all off, bloodsucking leech people are attacking his favorite bar. Together with his buddy Rowdy and the barflies of Doc’s Dockside Tavern, JD must stop the suckers before they spread their contagion up and down the Mississippi River.

"With Suckerville, Sorensen crafts a masterful tale that rips and roars its way through 80's Monster Movies and survive-at-all-costs horror fiction in a way that'll have readers salivating!"
- Steve Stred, 2X Splatterpunk-Nominated author of Mastodon , Father of Lies and Churn the Soil

"This is the most fun I've had with a book in a long time. Wonderful characters, disgusting gore and violence and a sense of humour that had me smiling like a loon."
- Kendall Reviews

" Gritty. Irreverent. Action-packed. Spine-tingling. A rush of visceral adjectives come to mind when reading Chris Sorensen’s Suckerville ."
- Nick Sullivan, author of Zombie Bigfoot

My 2 Cents for Free!

This book was just what I needed. It’s the perfect blend of cheesy B-movie drive-in horror and humor that any creature feature fan will adore.

JD is a bit down on his luck after a breakup which was probably 100% his fault (if you ask me). I mean, any guy who declares “I love you more than my truck” might need to work on his sweet talk, lol. Anyhow, his ex took his camper as a parting gift for tolerating him and he wants it back but he’s not exactly the craftiest of thieves. I'll give him credit for trying, I suppose. Naturally, things go awry and a gross set of calamities soon follows. Toss in some little toothy infectious creatures, a few more goofy rednecks, a dog named Dubya and a couple of sexy women who won’t tolerate nonsense and you have yourself a helluva fun story.

I really enjoyed this author’s previous work in The Messy Man series about a haunted house, grief and lots of slow-creeping dread. This story is much different and filled with lighthearted and ridiculous twists and turns, over the top characters and such disgusting imagery. I loved it so much. I hope it’s made into a movie someday.

This book is absolutely bananas and if you need a fun and disgusting romp, this’ll do ya.
It never takes itself too seriously and made me laugh quite a few times. It takes a special book to do that because I’ve been feeling very grouchy about SO many things lately.

So go on and take yourself a trip to Suckerville. I don’t think you’ll regret it.

⭐⭐⭐⭐


More good stuff by Chris Sorensen:






Comments

  1. That sounds hilarious. That cover is creepy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the "truck" sweet talk 🤣 but this sounds like a blast!! Great review! Gonna have to pick this one up soon for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a fun one! It's been awhile since I've read one of these humorous horror novels...too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot of heavier stuff but I adore these books that are just pure fun.

      Delete
  4. Horror plus laughs= a win lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to go wrong with that combination!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between Naps (9)

What I Learned While On A Blogging Break

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review