Between Naps, March 2018 (2)


Between naps is a little recap of what we been up to recently on and outside of the blog.


What We've Been Up To 

I spent my $50 birthday gift card at Barnes and Noble but even with a list in hand it wasn't easy! They had none of the books on my list so I asked for some help on Twitter and couldn't find any of those books either. Why do they make it so hard to spend money in their store?! I ended up buying these and ordered "The Listener" by Robert McCammon because, of course, they didn't have it in stock. It's been 5 days and they still haven't called to let me know if it's in after telling me it would take 2-3 days. I think I have to be finished with that store.

And can I just say, damn, new physical books are expensive but so very lovely.


I attempted to do a "themed" photo for Instagram with my current audio and this happened. I call this series "My Cat Is A Jerk". I eventually gave up and took a lame photo against the shed.


Thanks for the snack, stupid human


 Screw this thing & everything else!


This is me settling. Patrick wins. Again.

Link Ups

I'm keeping it simple from here on out and am only linking this post up to Caffeinated Reviewer's Sunday Post. Link yourself up and make some new blogging friends!



Freebie

Just one freebie this week. I can hardly believe it.

Sanctuary 12 (Fallen Gods Saga) by [Malpass, T.W.]

What's Distracting Me?

We caught up on Syfy's latest Channel Zero limited series "Butchers' Block". I pretty much loved it. It was gross, it was dreamy, it featured cannibals and it was so very weird. It also starred Rutger Hauer. It's my favorite so far. My husband wasn't as thrilled as me and preferred the other two but he has no taste in such things, lol. I thought the previous installments started out great but lost their way pretty quickly. I don't think my husband enjoyed all of the flesh eating :) 




What's Next?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31950532-the-listener?from_search=true

If it ever shows up!

So, what have you all been up to?!

Comments

  1. The cat wins...Isn't it always the way. I haven't seen Butcher's Block makes me curious tho. I do like B & N - but yes print books way out of price these days. I wait for them to go on sale. My daughter LOVES going to B & N so I take her when she asks. Well, have a great weekend!

    Mary my #SundayRoundup #12!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LMAO at your cat. They are so difficult aren't they? Probably why I'm a dog person, not that they are really that much easier :)

    I'm glad you were able to find SOMETHING at Barnes and Noble, but I so agree. They have declined so bad in recent years. What's the use of a giant book store if they don't carry anything? I would rather several independents pop up in my area and replace B&N honestly.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cat there is such a jerk! He sits on the other cats to get them to move when they're in a deep sleep just because he wants their seat. Ugh, he's something else.

      Yeah, I can see why B&N aren't doing well. It's so sad. If only I ran that place!

      Delete
  3. ugh cannibals. I do not like stories with them AT ALL LOL! OMG I AM SO JEALOUS of that physical of the Shape of Water you have!!! I got one on my nightstand right now too but from the library. Can't wait to chat about it! I adored the movie so hope we like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It filled in a lot of gaps that I had after watching the film. I hope you enjoy it too!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh. They make it SO hard to spend money in their store. I rarely attempt it anymore and just order online. And new books are so expensive but so pretty and petable it's okay. lol

    Your kitty is adorable! I like the series ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'm going to frequent my UBS and online. That B&N experience was such a complete disappointment.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. He has a ton of personality but he's a bit of dick sometimes ;)

      Delete
  6. Your cat cracks me up. I haven’t heard of Butcher’s Block, but it would probably be something I would give a try, my husband not so much either. Lol... Your new books are gorgeous. I would like to pick up The Shape of Water here soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenea. The Shape of Water turned out to be a pretty good book too!

      Delete
  7. Love those cat pics! Too funny. And ooh $50 at Barnes & Noble? That must have been fun. although yeah it would be frustrating if they don't have the books you want! Dumb stores ha ha.

    Rutger Hauer??? I miss that guy lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, he's not seen all that much these days. It was fun to see him pop up in this show and he is just as menacing as ever!

      Delete
  8. I rarely shop at B&N because they’re expensive and usually don’t have what I want. As bad as it sounds, I prefer book shopping online. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too. It's sad that it's come to this. I used to spend hours in bookstores but I think those days are over :(

      Delete
  9. I have tried to take pics for the blog with my animals. It never works out. I have a few McCammon books but haven't read any of them yet. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I think you would love a McCammon book! He's a great writer. And, yep, pets are such brats sometimes!

      Delete
  10. I'm an Amazon Girl or my local book store. I had a similar experience at B&N and never went back. Your cat is too funny. Mine never cooperated for photo ops either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating and it shouldn't be. Ah well, I know not to go to B&N again!

      Delete
  11. I can't believe you still don't have your book. My library has The Shape of Water so I'm holding off buying it. It's so pretty though. I love the cat photos - such a typical cat. You know I haven't been able to get into any of the Channel Zero shows. However, this season is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This season was the best! Give it a go and see if you get hooked :)

      Delete
  12. Cats never cooperate! I'm pretty sure that's what makes them cats. Your jerk cat is very cute, though! :-)

    I haven't been into a Barnes & Noble in forever, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not missing a thing if your B&N is anything like mine!

      Delete
  13. I think your kitty photo shoot is perfect! But of course, I am the owner of an asshole cat so I can relate lol

    Everyone wants us to shop at B&N but they never have anything. Especially on release day. It's super frustrating.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only stuck with asshole cat. Yeah, B&N stinks. If they want us to shop there they need to actually stock books that people want to buy.

      Delete
  14. Book shops are few and far between around me with a tiny Waterstones being the only one, and I rarely find anything in genres I like there. I really rely on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks. I love Amazon too. They make it too easy to spend my money!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • July 1, 2023

In Darkness, Delight: Masters of Midnight edited by Andrew Lennon | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review