Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook (Revised Edition): Over 100 Tail-Wagging Treats


Organic Dog Biscuit Bookbook by Bubba Rose Biscuit Company
This updated and expanded edition of the original Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook has more recipes, more variety, and more reasons your dog will be begging for another batch of these wholesome and healthy goodies.

Your loyal companion deserves the best, and this cookbook includes over 100 recipes to help you do just that. Why settle for store-bought, processed dog treats when you could be delighting your dog’s appetite AND health with easy-to-make, organic and delicious biscuits! All recipes are free of wheat, corn, and soy, include simple instructions, and require minimal preparation. In the time it takes to pick up a bag of treats at the store, you could be whipping up tasty tidbits for your best friend!
My sweet daughter bought me this for Christmas (with her own money too) and it was a far better choice than many a dog treat cookbook I've chosen in the past.

So far I've made the "Gingerbread Mailmen" but since I didn't have a mailmen cookie cutter they turned out to be boring old gingerbread bones. Thankfully my dogs are not snobbish and ate them anyway. These called for an entire tsp of ground cloves and let me tell ya, they smelled heavily of cloves. I don't think I'd like to eat them but the dogs, as I said, have no standards (which is why I love them so). This book also doesn't use wheat flour but it's easy enough to make brown rice and oat flour by throwing them in a Ninja or other tough food processor and blending them up to a fine powder. Pretty cheap too. Don't waste your cash on those fancy flours when you can whip them up yourself. Anyway, the recipe was easy to follow, had only a small handful of ingredients and made my dogs happy.

 *the dogs must have tea with their biscuits

So far, I'm liking this book a lot. The recipes seem to use normal ingredients, none stand out as troubling and I haven't run across any that seem too time consuming.This beast had no trouble devouring them.


Update I made the Cheesy Biscuits while stuck home during a storm. Easiest dog treats ever. Brown rice flour, oat flour (I subbed in wheat flour because I ran out of oats), parmesan cheese, shredded cheese, egg & water. I had to add in a bit more water because of the flour substitution but these came out great. And, of course, the dogs LOVED them.

While reading I did see one recipe I cannot make because it contains tomato and my dog is highly allergic which we learned the hard way after we nearly lost him, I did some reading and realized tomato and tomato products are not recommended for dogs. My dog gets intense intestinal distress (emergency room level if he eats too much) so I am super careful. So I'd advise skipping any recipe with tomato if I were you.

Add It    Buy It

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I need this recipe book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter found it super cheap in one of those discount places and it was worth every penny. The doggies love it :)

      Delete
  2. These sound delightful, I will share with my dog owner friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It's full of unique cookie recipes for furry friends.

      Delete
  3. I may have to look into this one. I want to make some homemade treats for my pups for Christmas. I'm surprised a recipe would have tomatoes in it because like you, I don't think dogs should have them or any products with them. What an awesome gift for you and your pups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm always surprised when I find a toxic ingredient in a pet cookbook. I had another, way back before I knew better, that had a salmon recipe along with lots of garlic and my poor dogs had, uh, intestinal distress, for a few days. Now I'm extra careful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

Between Naps (9)

TTT: 10 of My Most Special Books