Fog Warning by Edward Lorn

Sorry, there will be no Horror Film Friday today. Real life has been getting in the way of my relaxation time. My sweet doggie had a seizure for the second time and threw me out of sorts. I plan to spend the weekend decompressing from this awful week.


Fog Warning by Edward Lorn
“Tick, tock, tickety, tock. Time’s slipping away, doc ... ”

Emergency Room Physician Brent Cummings is harboring secrets he’d rather leave in the shadows of his past. But, when he finds a dead woman in a foggy park, all his skeletons come tumbling out of the closet.

In a deadly race against time, Brent attempts to alter the future so that he might finally let go of the past.

Will he heed the warning in the fog, or will fate prove more dependable than the good doctor?
4 out of 5, here's why:
A handsome doctor decides to eff up his life by taking prescriptions drugs. His drug addled state is noticed by co-workers in the ER but no one speaks up and he quickly spirals into full blown addiction. Walking home one night through a thick fog, he finds a woman’s dead body but when the police arrive to investigate there is no body and because he’s acting all suspicious-like he ends up landing himself in a jail cell and things go downhill from there. Did he see a dead body, was it the drug haze or perhaps a ghostie or was she just playing?


This dude is a mess. I’m not going to lie, I find it hard to sympathize with people who screw up their lives so badly and sabotage every effort to fix things. I didn’t sympathize with this guy. I don’t think I was supposed to. His mess was of his own making. I know, I know, I have no heart. There is no need to point it out. With that out of the way, I did find myself engrossed in his mess of a life. The story moved at a good pace, there were some twists, clever dialogue and some nastiness and I couldn’t stop listening even when I should have. If you’ve read a dark book or two you know there are some scenes that one can never scrub clean from the memory, even if your memory is as bad as mine, and this book contains one. Ick.

I listened to this story as an unabridged audiobook which I won in a giveaway over at Booklikes. The narrator is deadly serious and was a very good choice for this story.

Add It    Buy It

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. This sounds like a real interesting read, listened to a sample and I like the narrators voice. It's going on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it, if you get a chance to give it a listen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between Naps (9)

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

What I Learned While On A Blogging Break