Taking A Little Break Because I'm Burning Out

Hi everyone, I'm going to be taking a little break here at the blog because I feel burnout nipping at my heels. I have been having a lot of back pain, so much lingering sadness from the loss of my Buddy and now I seem to have lost the will to pick up a book. I think that is 100% because I have kept none of the promises I made to myself back in January. I've been reading ARC's, contest wins, book group reads and basically everything except the books piled up all around my home. I also can't seem to find a blogging groove. I have spurts of busyness and then I lose the enthusiasm and have to drag myself to the screen. I'll still be visiting around and will hopefully have more time to do so now that I'm not trying to squeeze too much into a day. You might see sporadic posts now and again but there will be no schedule (so, what else is new?!). I am also closed to any review submissions. I need to be completely selfish for awhile and spend some serious time healing myself, strengthening my core and my back, so I don't wake up feeling 90 years old or end up needing surgery. I'll still be around on Goodreads and Booklikes if you want friend me.

For now, I'll leave you with Patrick, doing his best to get my attention!

Caption Provided by Books, hockey, and a bucketful of snark

Comments

  1. I'll miss your posts but you definitely deserve some time to yourself! Hope life starts looking brighter soon. And that your back stops hurting...that's the worse!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I've been enjoying my time off and my books agaIn :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we just need that break to recharge the batteries and have some me time. Back pain is really horrible and can be murder to get rid of so I hope there is a solution for you. Take care of yourself! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chuckles! I am feeling a little more like myself and getting some reading done so the step back has been a good thing.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your break and I'll catch you on your other outlets. Please take some time for yourself. I know how hard it can be to lose such a dear friends. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. I'm in a little better headspace now. I just need a way to find some balance. Hopefully that will happen in the new year.

      Delete
  4. Ditto to all of this. I'm taking it easy for the rest of the year on the blog.

    Hopefully we both come back bright eyed and bushy tailed! lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

Between Naps (9)

Review: Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror edited by John F.D. Taff