New Book Spotlight: One Night Stand at the End of the World by Jacy Morris

Hello, everyone! I am reviving my book spotlights because as much as I'd LOVE to have the time to read and review everything generously submitted for review in a timely manner, I simply don't live in that world but I can share new books that look amazing, and that I plan to read once caught up.  I'm also going to share snippets of selected reader reviews that catch my attention because reviewing can be such a thankless job sometimes.

Today I'm sharing ONE NIGHT STAND AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Jacy Morris. Horror, humor, apocalypse? Yep, that's my thing.



There's no more football, no more TV, no more cell phones. All that's left now are the ruins of a civilization that thought itself indestructible and the sad people living out the string of their lives in this horrid new world where even the trees seem hellbent on making humanity extinct. In this inhospitable environment, the comedian struggles to survive the only way he knows how… with humor. Get your ticket to the show, a One Night Stand at the End of the World.

Goodreads  |  Amazon (currently on Kindle Unlimited if you subscribe)

Reader Brian Bowyer says:

I had a blast with this one! One Night Stand at the End of the World is a fast, fun, and often comedic read that is screaming for a film adaptation. Highly recommended!

Reader Sahjo says:

The characters in this post Apocalyptical world are the highlight for me. The comedian embodies a damaged and yet sort of cheerful kind of person that almost seems like someone I know. The talking doll head, the vacant brained local, and the grass itself are all interesting characters.

The setting, an earth that’s acting like humanity is something is trying to spit out of its mouth, and the small town of Shithole, manages to be funny, sad, and again, almost cheerful.

I enjoyed this book. It’s a quick and unique read.

About Jacy Morris

Jacy Morris is a Native American author born in 1979 in Virginia. He is a registered member of the Confederated Tribes of Siletz. At the age of ten he was transplanted to Portland, Oregon, where he developed a love for punk rock and horror movies, both of which tend to find their way into his writing.

He has written several books, including the "This Rotten World" series, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, The Drop, and "The Enemies of Our Ancestors" series. He is currently working on the next installment of This Rotten World, to be followed by the final chapter.







Comments

  1. I am a sucker for end-of-the-world books! And this one does sound like fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love end of the world books too! This looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apocalypse type books are fun to read at times. I used to like plague books but not so much anymore. Wonder why? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds exactly like something that I would like. Thanks for sharing, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sundial by Catriona Ward | Horror Fiction Review

Brainwyrms by Alison Rumfitt | Book Review

Books, Movies, TV & Updates • February 16, 2023