Creep by Jennifer Hillier | Book Review

A book whose cover tells no lies!


Creep by Jennifer Hillier

Released January 2011

Source: Borrowed from Library

Goodreads  | Amazon

If he can't have her...

Psychology professor Dr Sheila Tao is an expert on human behaviour, so when she begins an affair with charming graduate student Ethan Wolfe, she's well aware she's playing with fire. Consumed by lust and riddled with guilt, Sheila ends their three month fling when she becomes engaged to a kind and loving man who adores her. But Ethan has different plans...

NO ONE CAN.

When a star student is stabbed to death, it's clear someone is raising the stakes of violence, sex and blackmail on campus. Before long, Sheila is caught in a terrifying cat-and-mouse game with Ethan: the lover she couldn't resist is now the monster who will never let her go.

My 2 Cents for Free!

Creep delivers. There's definitely a creep in here. Sometimes a cover will lie to me but not this time!

This is a thriller brimming with characters who are a whole mess and do not so nice things to each other and that's always a fun time. I had a few questions as I was reading but the author handled them all and didn't leave me hanging and feeling like my favorite stuffed little guy here.


There are moments of levity which I always appreciate and one character who felt completely stereotypical and who annoyed the heck out of me early on but turned out to be a great guy. Who knew? He pairs up with a former police officer at one point and their banter was so unexpectedly comical. Loved it. There's one of those "just in the nick of time" events that had me giving someone the side-eye but otherwise I have zero complaints and highly recommend Creep.

It does end on a little cliffhanger but it's not a terrible one that'll have you stomping on the book. I'm very much looking forward to Freak once I track down a copy.

⭐⭐⭐1/2




Comments

  1. I'm glad you liked this one so much. It does sound like it would be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty creepy cover! But the story sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at the stuffed guy there. :)

    Glad this was a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Full Brutal by Kristopher Triana

Princess Miri by Cerys du Lys Retro Review

Got My Eye On (May 2018 #1)