When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James | Romance Fiction Review

Here's an oldie I just discovered. It's book #2 of a series and of course I read them out of order 😄


When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

Released January 2011

Source: Library Borrow

Goodreads | Amazon

Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty... Naturally, she's betrothed to a Beast.

Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.

Linnet is not just any woman.

She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees. She estimates the earl will fall madly in love—in just two weeks.

If she decides to be very wicked indeed... what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?


My 2 Cents for Free!

I wasn't so sure about this book when I first started it. It was a bit convoluted and a little irritating if I'm being completely honest.  Everyone assumed the heroine was pregnant because she was caught kissing a prince and then wore an unfortunate gown that made her look pregnant. She is, of course, ruined by the untrue gossips. Her mother was flighty and because her boobs are big and bountiful, she thusly must be a temptress. WTF is wrong with these people around her? I despised them all. So anyhow, she's sent off to marry a supposedly impotent, very beastly man because his father deems it so.

Ugh. A million ughs.

Things improve after all of that nonsense set up. She meets the hero, who is apparently based on the House character (I've never seen it but now I kind of want to). He's a grumpy ass to everyone. He's a doctor who is all business and he's super insulting and he gives no shits. I kind of loved him right away.

The two together are a delight because she is just as snarky as he is so they're a match made in heaven. She's never been very fond of men, having had not so great experiences with them.

“They were big and hairy and tended to smell. Pitiful creatures." lol

In the end, I loved everything else. I'm giving it a five despite the spotty beginning. It's joyful and fun with a few moments of drama and a great ending.


Comments

  1. I'm glad this one ended up being a good read for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I have a such problem with DNF books! But it worked out for me this time, at least.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you ended up loving this one despite the not-so-stellar beginning. I always love that Beauty vs. Beast trope in a romance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Full Brutal by Kristopher Triana

Delicate Condition by Danielle Valentine | Horror Fiction Review

Princess Miri by Cerys du Lys Retro Review