Hanging Around the Blogs: News & Reviews You May Have Missed (12)



Inspired by "Around the Blogs with Chuckles". There are never enough hours in the day to be a creeper on all the blogs and social media outlets so here's a recap of some great posts, articles and news tidbits you may have missed while you were out living your life.

Sorry if you've seen this twice and left comments on the other post. I accidentally posted my draft in progress for next week, ugh! I am such a disaster of a blogger.


Ladies of Horror Fiction News

We are accepting submissions of LOHF short works of fiction for the podcast. Get all the details at the link below and please share the news with all of your writer friends!




New Publisher Silver Shamrock Has New Horror Releasing Soon!

In The Scrape by James Newman & Mark Steensland

Most kids dream about a new bike, a pair of top-dollar sneakers endorsed by their favorite athlete, or that totally awesome videogame everyone’s raving about. But thirteen-year-old Jake and his little brother Matthew want nothing more than to escape from their abusive father. As soon as possible, they plan to run away to California, where they will reunite with their mother and live happily ever after.It won’t be easy, though. After a scuffle with a local bully puts Jake’s arch-nemesis in the hospital, Sheriff Theresa McLelland starts poking her nose into their feud. During a trip to the family cabin for the opening weekend of deer-hunting season, Jake and Matthew kick their plan into action, leaving Dad tied to a chair as they flee into the night. Meanwhile, the bully and his father have their own plans for revenge, and the events to follow will forever change the lives of everyone involved . . .

Their first title is due for release on July 1st.  Check them out here:


Tor Is Giving Away Four Novellas to Celebrate Pride Month


In Our Own Worlds includes:
  • The Lamb Will Slaughter The Lion by Margaret Killjoy
  • Passing Strange by Ellen Klages
  • A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson
  • The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang


Reviews From Blogging Friends


Toni reviews The Resurrectionists by Michael Patrick Hicks check out her thoughts here:
https://darkreads.blog/2019/06/04/the-resurrectionists-by-michael-patrick-hicks-book-review/


Tammy at Books, Bones & Buffy has a tantalizing review of Christina Henry's newest release & it sounds amazing. Read her thoughts here:  http://booksbonesbuffy.com/2019/06/06/the-girl-in-red-by-christina-henry-review/


LOHF Goodreads Group Read 


The LOHF Goodreads Group is hosting their first group read for Ania Ahlborn's IT YOU SEE HER. The discussion starts on July 1st so you have plenty of time to grab the book! We hope you'll join the fun by joining our new group and chiming in on the threads in July.


We Saw MA and We Liked it!

We saw MA the other night and though it's getting "meh" reviews, I thought it was good, crazy-mad fun and that was exactly what I went in expecting. The plot is rather ridiculous and all over the place but, as my husband tells me, I need to stop asking questions and just let it go. So I did and we had fun despite all of my pesky inner questions, haha. I still want to know how a vet technician makes enough $ to keep such a gorgeous house but I will never know . . . You might want to wait for discount night at the theater for this one (as I did) but I'm not sorry we saw it on the big screen.


That's all for now. Read some books, watch some bad films and have a relaxing weekend, everyone!


Comments

  1. I spotted Tor email and had to check out those novellas. And the other books are already on my wish list. It's been a great year so far for awesome books. I noticed that your earlier post looked odd. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a great year for books! Yep, don't mind me. I am a disaster, haha.

      Delete
  2. I might check out MA at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do things like that quite often Bark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a mess, lol. I'm glad to hear others do this stuff too sometimes :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between Naps (9)

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

What I Learned While On A Blogging Break