Hanging Around the Blogs: News & Reviews You May Have Missed (14)



Inspired by "Around the Blogs with Chuckles". There are never enough hours in the day to be a creeper on all the blogs and social media outlets so here's a recap of some great posts, articles and news tidbits you may have missed while you were out living your life.


Reviews & Interviews

Tammy over at Books, Bones & Buffy has an excellent interview with dark fiction writer Damien Angelica Walters.
http://booksbonesbuffy.com/2019/09/17/interview-with-damien-angelica-walters/

Barb at Booker T's Farm reviews Elizabeth Massie's Desper Hollow:
http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.com/2019/09/apex-back-catalog-tour-desper-hollow.html

Barb also has a terrific interview with author Massie here:
http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.com/2019/09/apex-back-catalog-tour-author-interview.html

Joyous reads reviews a Jimmy Fallon book club selection (did you know he had a book club? Me neither). It sounds both grueling and wonderful and you can read it here:  
http://joyousreads.net/2019/09/17/769-ask-again-yes-by-mary-beth-keane.html




Paperbacks from Hell: Second Wave

Valancourt Publishing has announced round two of their very popular Paperbacks from Hell series. Book titles, subscription and buy information can be found on their blog here:  https://valancourtbooksblog.blogspot.com/  & on their website:  http://www.valancourtbooks.com/paperbacksfromhell.html

I received the first wave as a birthday gift and you can bet I subscribed to the second wave as soon as it was announced! I love getting these little demonic books in the mail.




Ladies of Horror Fiction News

We are still reading TEETH IN THE MIST by Dawn Kurtagich over at Goodreads and it's not too late to join in! Join us here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/385108?group_id=963939





Recommended Horror Flicks

Tigers Are Not Afraid 

This is a Shudder exclusive and I thought it was excellent. It was grueling, sad, realistic and beautifully acted. It harkens back to The Devil's Backbone a bit. My husband said it wasn't horror but I don't agree with him. It was horror of a too realistic kind.



An Incident in Ghostland 

This movie is also a Shudder exclusive.  It is another grueling film about a brutal home invasion, it's gritty and horrible and there's a twist that you'll catch if pay close attention to the first part of the film.




It Part II 

I enjoyed part I more than part II. I missed the kids and the coming of age story but it was fun seeing Pennywise in all of his crazed glory again and I loved they spliced in scenes with the kids. Also, this film is SO long that my back and butt were hurting. It needed an intermission, lol. I recommend it for anyone who enjoyed IT. Come on, you must see it through to the very end!



That's all for now. Read some books, watch some bad films and have a relaxing weekend, everyone!


Comments

  1. I've actually seen Incident in Ghostland and enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks so much for the shout outs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen IT (too chicken shit to watch it). I read the massive book back in the day, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I'm going to check out Paperbacks from Hell😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything looks great. i'll be checking out some of the other posts you shared
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! I think I need to wait for IT part 2 to come out on DVD. I can't sit for very long so that would be rough in the theater. Thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched IT yet. I was waiting until I could watch both chapters back to back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I've missed so many great posts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teeth in the Mist looks pretty good! I have one of her earlier books on my shelf to read yet. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm unsure of IT 2. Part of what worked for is that it was kids but I'll probably give it a go.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a really good time with Barb's posts. I am probably going to have to watch It part 2 at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between Naps (9)

It by Stephen King | A Retro Review

What I Learned While On A Blogging Break